Sunday, January 23, 2011

edit mode.


Currently reading: Personal Finance in your 20's for Dummies
Currently listening to: I'm Good I'm Gone- Lykke Li

Well, the show has officially wrapped and I am adjusting... well doing the best I can anyway. I have a lot more time for myself now, which has been both a blessing and a curse. I have been able to catch up with friends, read, see Black Swan, (and yes Natalie Portman totally deserved to win)workout, etc., however, I am still practically a stranger here- and I've been a little lonely at times..BUT, now I have a movie to edit! Thank god! Through one of the directors on the show I was able to meet a fellow aspiring filmmaker. I get to edit her short film and today I got to go to the shoot. To my surprise, one of the shooting locations was at my boss's boss's boss's boss's boss's boss's boss's(the executive producer) house. It was the most beautiful place I have been to in LA! They even had horses! And, according to "The Secret", it is important to surround yourself with success- and lets just say today I was swimming in it, even better shooting in it. It was a nice reminder that all this hard work just might pay off someday... So for now I am editing, and even though I have been doing it for a while, each project presents new challenges. Each time I edit I learn something new, the craft is always evolving and the possibilities are endless. Even though I absolutely loved my job as a set PA, I have been craving some sort of creative responsibility. I need to be a part of the creative process, and editing this short is letting me do just that! It came at the perfect time, and I am excited to be a part of the team. I was also presented with the opportunity to PA on an upcoming pilot which I couldn't be more excited about! I will be working with a great group of people and I am counting the days until it starts! I will brag about it more once the pilot officially starts and I know more about it!

I leave you with 2 video links, both are great in their own way. The first is a sizzle reel of Criminal Minds Suspect Behavior, which is the show I just wrapped. A friend recently told me that during the filming of Vanilla Sky, after locking up Times Square so it was completely empty, (an incredible shot) Tom Cruise went on the walkie and thanked the PA's saying they wouldn't have been able to get the shot without them. Even though its a small part, we definitely do our part and when I watch this trailer I feel so proud to have been a part of this amazing experience! The second video, is for anyone who is interested in transcoding footage from a 5D or 7D through a program called MPEG Streamclip (which is free to download online) so that you can edit it in Final Cut Pro. It is a really important step in the process and if it isn't done right- it can screw up the whole project. I found this video to be very straight forward. The only thing I do differently is that I use Apple Prores 422 to covert. So if anyone cares, anyone at all, this little tutorial is for you. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=913MYPAZ6jw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kxo5YWz7_dw

oh yea, one last thing! i am officially on IMDb and it is a wonderful feeling! Life is good.

PEACE&LOVE.


No comments:

Post a Comment