Wednesday, January 5, 2011

"If music be the food of love, play on..." William Shakespeare





Currently reading: No More Tomorrows by Schapelle Corby
Listening to: Pursuit of Happiness- kid cudi cover by Lissie

Right now, I am in a weird place. I just returned home (LA home that is) from a 2 week break in Northern California (my other home). I split my time there between the Bay Area, Tahoe, and Sonoma. I felt at home and completely at peace up there. I have the best family and I am so thankful for them, they are so supportive and I wouldn't be where I am without them… not even close. I was able to see my closest friends whom I love and adore. My friends have my heart, and unfortunately thats in Sonoma. When we get together, its as if no time has passed, and we pick up right where we left off. And then there is Char.. I am better when I am with her. This is the first time we have been separated since I got her 3 years ago.. We are so close it is hard to describe. I never knew it was possible to have such a strong connection with my dog, but that little bearded ball of love really is my best friend. Leaving was hard this time, harder than usual. For me, my work life is in LA, but the rest of my life isn't. So I guess its just a weird transition for me trying to figure how to balance these two completely different worlds.
For two weeksthere was no mention of set, first team, background, the bucket, or call sheets, and then as if no time had passed I jumped right back into it, and I was happy! I absolutely love set, every part of it. I know that this is where I belong. As hard as it is to leave my family and friends, this is where I need to be right now, this is where I thrive. We are approaching the last week on CMSB and that honestly scares the shit out of me. I have grown attached to the cast and crew, and this life is all I know here in LA. These people had faith in me and gave me a chance to be a part of something incredible. Film and television have the ability to remove people from their lives and take them somewhere else, another world, one that I helped create. It's pretty magical really and it is exciting to be even just a small part of it.
So thats where I'm at right now.. and I am not gonna lie it's a little overwhelming. I need to slow down and take it one day at a time. AND, I also need to accept the fact that even though I do my best to be positive and happy, not everyday is going to be a good day. It's okay to have bad days too, thats just the way it is. I'm doing the best that I can, and I really do plan on giving LA a chance. So far, its been good to me. I know I have a lot to look forward to as I plan my next move. And as soon as I figure out what that is, i'll let ya know…
Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment