Sunday, December 5, 2010

Timing is Everything


Currently Reading: Rebels on the Backlot by Sharon Waxman
Listening to: Home- Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros

Set life is hard to explain.. It is a world where everything is pretend, staged, and covered with hairspray. Everyone speaks a certain language and if you don't stay focused-- even for a second, you could miss something important. I have finally mastered military time, and am learning about everything from props, to location scouts and production reports. It is hard for me to believe it is already December... the past few months are all blurred together and as we near the last few episodes of Suspect Behavior it still hasn't hit me that this life will end for me soon, and a new adventure awaits. People in this industry are used to bouncing around from show to show, or jumping at exciting new job opportunities. But for me, this crew is all I know, and I have become quite attached to them. I spend close to 70 hours a week with these people, and they are all I have here. I keep reminding myself this is only the beginning and there will be many crews and people to connect with. I am so thankful to have met some pretty wonderful people in the short time I have been here... oh and speaking of wonderful people, there is Alex. I met miss Alexandra Adams on my first day at work.. we both moved here for this job and are all each other has in this crazy world we have thrown ourselves into... We bonded right away, and have become really close over the past few months... She knows the real me and loves me anyways, she has taught me a lot about myself and gives some of the very best advice. We have each others backs on and off set, and we want what is best for one another, always. My best times in LA have been spent on her floor by the fireplace listening to good music and laughing about something funny that happened at work that day. I miss my friends back home, and having her here has made the adjustment to my new life much easier and I will always be grateful that she came into my life when I needed her.

I am living alone for the first time which has also been different. No Kels, no Erin, and no Char... that definitely took some getting used to.. I love my new place- I feel safe and independent, and have started to settle in and feel at home. I am using my GPS less and less and am not as homesick anymore. This is where I belong, and I know I made the right choice coming here. I have realized that at the end of the day, you can only really count on yourself to be happy. I have started trusting myself and my decisions more and more.. it is important to live in the moment... When I spend my time worrying about the past or future, I accomplish nothing and I miss what is happening right in front of me.. There is always going to be something negative to focus on, but at the same time there is a lot of beauty in the world and I try to do my best to appreciate it every day. Some days it is harder than others, but life is too short. Do what makes you happy, and when your not happy anymore, do something about it.

I am looking forward to the holidays, time off, and seeing my friends... there are a couple projects in the works as far as my future is concerned, and I am not too worried about it. I have a feeling it is going to work out great.I am excited to see what happens next...


PEACE&LOVE


All I need to make a comedy is a park, a policeman and a pretty girl. -- Charlie Chaplin

2 comments:

  1. krista- i love your blog and reading about all the stuff you are doing! from being in ssu-tv with you and seeing/knowing how much you love film and production, i can already tell you are on your way to success! never lose sight of the dreams you hold closest to your heart...and remember to always Live life with R.E.D.
    U-CHI, jenna :)

    ReplyDelete